The Glass Is Bottomless

The Glass is Bottomless.

Its not half empty or half full.

That is why happily ever afters don’t happen.

Because even when you get your dream you cannot rest in absolute contentment….its like our nature abhors it. A mixture of restlessness and guilt follow. You had expected to be more grateful and less fastidious. It doesnt happen.

There are times though when you are grateful and happy. So speechlessly happy that you are afraid
Have you ever been so happy that it scares you?

Sometimes it’s the simple everyday moments; Sitting with your family while watching a movie. Driving in your car and listening to music. Laughing with your friends.

When you live in a world where so much misery exists, it seems unreal that anyone can be so happy in a moment. But, thankfully, it is real.

So why, then, do I wonder how long this will last? Why do I pray that it does last forever? Why cant I just be contented with living in the moment?

Because I am human. And I dream. Maybe more than some, but I do. And it makes me want to rise above simple moments and carve out my own happiness.

But I know that happiness can never truly be my own. It needs to be shared. 

Then I am reminded about what I am setting out to do. Becoming a doctor. Become a public health advocate. Reaching out to those who need a hand. 

And, for the moment, I am content.

Comments

Popular Posts